2018 Summer Intern
Nelson Byrd Woltz is accepting applications for Landscape Architecture Interns in our Charlottesville, VA and New York, NY offices. Interns will get to work with a variety of our staff, while working on real projects that will help them grow in their knowledge and experience. Applications are due by March 1st; selection by April 1st.
Intern Duties/Responsibilities: Interns will assist the Design and Communications staff with a variety of projects. Assignments will include the following:
- Prepare CAD drawings, reports and project correspondence
- Conduct project research
- Work on communications initiatives
- Organize project images
- Assist in day-to-day project-related assignments including model production, presentation drawings/graphics, diagrams, etc.
Educational Requirements: Internship is best suited for students or recent graduates with knowledge/experience in landscape architecture/design, horticulture, architecture, planning or environmental sciences.
Skills, Training or Qualifications: Knowledge and intermediate proficiency in the following computer programs:
- Microsoft Office Suite Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- CAD software (AutoCad latest version)
- Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- 3-D Software (Rhino, Sketchup)
Approximately 12 weeks between May 21nd and August 17th; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Benefits Available to Intern:
- Contribute to the design of a variety of projects (typology, scale)
- Participate in a design process that is highly collaborative
- Understand the many facets of landscape architecture practice through work
- Apply skills and knowledge gained in the classroom in the creation of implementable designs
- Become part of a network of professionals who are dedicated to creating positive impact in the world through design
Applications are due by March 1st; selection by April 1st.
Please provide a resume, cover letter, portfolio, and references in our online application. The cover letter is an opportunity for students to describe career and academic goals, to elaborate upon personal and academic accomplishments, to share areas of interest that relate to the internship and to identify what type of internship experience they are seeking.
Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects is a Equal Opportunity Employer, providing opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.