We're currently looking for a Communications Coordinator in our Charlottesville, VA office. If you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume, wirting samples and references at the link below.
Communications Coordinator Application, Charlottesville, VA
We're currently looking for an Office Coordinator in our Charlottesville, VA office. If you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume and references at the link below.
Office Coordinator Application, Charlottesville, VA.
We're not currently hiring any design positions, but we're always happy to connect with talented, creative and passionate professionals in our field.
Submit Design Application
Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects is a Equal Opportunity Employer, providing opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The Communications Coordinator is a significant contributor to the activities of the Communications Department. The department, with input from senior staff, shapes all aspects of the firm’s presence and production outside of design. In many respects the firm operates in a fluid, non-hierarchical manner which requires focus and flexibility and offers opportunities for significant proactive contributions to collaborative efforts. Communications tasks range widely from responding to RFQ/Ps, creating, editing, and managing proposals and contracts, and contributing to client needs within the framework of active projects, to crafting award submissions and promoting a consistent mission-focused message, look, and feel throughout the firm’s digital presence.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understand the firm’s history, mission, goals, studios, staff and projects and be able to clearly articulate this information verbally, graphically, and in writing
- Assist with all internal and external communications to ensure clear articulation of firm goals and mission, and consistency – from grammar and language to graphic identity across media
- Assist with press requests and material requests from client and retained PR firms
- Draft, edit, and help to manage proposal and contract processes – this is a significant aspect of the role
- Perform research relating to project work, lectures, outreach, and other firm activities
- Contribute to the collaborative process of preparing:
- Master plans and other project reports
- Articles about the firm and associated subjects
- Presentations for public and client meetings
- Review all outgoing submissions to clients, press, etc.
- Contribute to the archiving and organization of firm material and suggest improvements to systems and workflows
- Help to conceptualize and gather material for future publications, web presentations, videos, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of landscape architecture from theory to history to contemporary practice. Design knowledge with an interest and curiosity in landscape architecture could substitute.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) (submit 2 layout/graphic design samples)
- Knowledge of GIS a plus
- Excellent research skills
- Strong writing and editing skills, specifically relating to design (submit 2 writing samples)
- Excellent collaborative and team skills
- Ability to meet many competing deadlines and fulfil requests from various sources at once.
- Responsive to critiques and feedback from managers, peers and admin staff
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Show willingness to take on assignments and challenges
- Function as a dependable, cooperative, and effective team player
- Display professionalism in all communication and interactions (phone calls, face-to-face meetings, e-mails and other written correspondence)
- Commitment to company values, goals and mission
Education and Experience
- BA, BS, BLA or MLA or associated design field
- Related work experience in landscape architecture or another design field is strongly preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Able to work overtime (nights/weekends) in order to meet specific deadlines
NBW is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
NBW offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary commensurate with experience. EOE.