2023 Summer Internship
Nelson Byrd Woltz is accepting applications for Landscape Architecture Interns in our Charlottesville, VA and New York, NY offices. Interns will get to work with a variety of our staff, while working on real projects that will help them grow in their knowledge and experience.
Intern Duties/Responsibilities: Interns will assist the Design and Communications staff with a variety of projects. Assignments will include the following:
- Prepare CAD drawings, reports and project correspondence
- Conduct project research
- Work on communications initiatives
- Organize project images
- Assist in day-to-day project-related assignments including model production, presentation drawings/graphics, diagrams, etc.
Educational Requirements: Internship is best suited for students or recent graduates with knowledge/experience in landscape architecture/design, horticulture, architecture, planning or environmental sciences.
Skills, Training or Qualifications: Knowledge and intermediate proficiency in the following computer programs:
- CAD software (AutoCad latest version)
- Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- 3-D Software (Rhino, Sketchup)
- Microsoft Office Suite Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Approximately 12 weeks between May and August; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Benefits Available to Intern:
- Contribute to the design of a variety of projects (typology, scale)
- Participate in a design process that is highly collaborative
- Understand the many facets of landscape architecture practice through work
- Apply skills and knowledge gained in the classroom in the creation of implementable designs
- Become part of a network of professionals who are dedicated to creating positive impact in the world through design
Applications are due by February 15th; selection by March 30th.
Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects is a Equal Opportunity Employer, providing opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.