NBW is currently looking for the following positions:
We're always happy to connect with talented, creative and passionate professionals in our field. Please submit your materials if you don't see a position that is a fit at this time, but would like to be considered for future opportunities at the firm.
Applications submitted via email will not be considered.
Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects is a Equal Opportunity Employer, providing opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Designer (experience 6-9 years)
Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects, a design practice with offices in Virginia, Houston and New York is seeking an experienced Designer for the Houston office. Designers with six (6) to nine (9) years experience are desired. We are committed to design excellence in the creation of landscapes that are sustainable and honor ecological and cultural contexts of place. The broad knowledge base and diverse backgrounds of our staff contributes greatly to the firm’s ability to work on a diverse range of projects and to respond effectively to individual client needs.
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong design and graphic production skills including hand drawing and rendering. Candidates should have a full range of project experience from conceptual design through construction administration. Strong consideration will be given to those candidates with proficiency developing construction documentation. Candidates must be detail oriented, efficient, adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities and work well collaboratively. Designers are expected to think critically and contribute creatively to the design process. The ideal candidate will share NBW’s commitment to design excellence.
- Six (6) to nine (9) years of applicable experience in a professional setting
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and MS Office required
- Working knowledge of 3-D modeling programs Rhino or SketchUp and associated plug-ins
- Working knowledge of GIS and Revit preferred
- Ability to construct and administer CAD drawings in accordance with office standards
- Construction document and detailing experience
- Strong oral, written and graphic communication skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to self-edit work and command a high level of accuracy
- Ability to travel to client locations and work occasional nights/weekends
MLA or M.Arch desired; BSLA/BLA or related degrees will be considered based on experience and design strength
NBW offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary commensurate with experience. EOE.
Submit resume, cover letter and samples of design work here.