Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects, a design practice with offices in Virginia, New York, and California is seeking a Landscape Architect/Project Manager with eight to ten years of professional experience for our growing 9-person New York City studio. We are committed to design excellence in the creation of landscapes that are sustainable and honor ecological and cultural contexts of place. The broad knowledge base and diverse backgrounds of our staff contributes greatly to the firm’s ability to work on a diverse range of projects and to respond effectively to individual client needs.
Successful candidates will have experience managing and working with complex urban and on-structure projects, will demonstrate a superior level of design skill and will have a full range of project experience from conceptual design through construction administration. Ideal candidates will have experience managing projects where the Landscape Architect is prime and have a breadth of experience managing, coordinating and overseeing numerous sub-consultants. Ideal candidates will also have experience managing large scale on-structure landscape projects.
Team leadership, scheduling and time management skills are required. Projects managers are expected to build strong working relationships with clients, vendors, consultants and staff. Candidates must be detail oriented; efficient; adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities; and work exceptionally well collaboratively.
• MLA or M.Arch desired; BSLA/BLA or related degrees will be considered based on experience and design strength
• Eight (8) years minimum of applicable experience in a professional setting
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and MS Office required
• Ability to construct and administer CAD drawings in accordance with office standards
• Construction document and detailing experience
• Strong oral, written and graphic communication skills • Excellent time-management and organizational skills
• Ability to self-edit work and command a high level of accuracy
• Working knowledge of 3-D modeling programs (preferred)
• Ability to travel to client locations and work occasional nights/weekends
NBW offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary commensurate with experience. NBW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, gender, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Send resume, cover letter and samples of design work, up to 3MB total, in PDF format to email@example.com or send your information to address below.
E-mail attachments in excess of 3 to 5 MB in size may exceed our allowable size-limit; please send additional information in a compressed folder or send a link to your web page or ftp site.
Please direct all questions via email to the HR Manager.
Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects
Attn: Joni Louque, HR Manager
408 Park Street
Charlottesville, VA 22902